Our system enables clinicians to apply thermotherapy treatment to the precise site of the tumour.
The Focuscore produces the microwaves. The Focuscore can be connected to different body site applicators, which antennas are directing the microwaves to the tumour sites.
The first applicator is used for the treatment of Head and Neck Cancer. A prototype is already in use in Erasmus MC (Rotterdam, NL). The prototype is now in the transition to a commercial product. We aim for market launch in 2025.
The second applicator is for the treatment of intact breast cancer.
Many Tumor Treatments in Pipeline
Head and Neck Cancer (HNC): Initial Launch
- Highly underserved, poor survival
- Technically most challenging: proof for other tumor types
- Leveraging experience from Erasmus MC (70+ patients treated)
Expansion to other solid tumors:
- FocusCup – breast cancer w/ Chemotherapy
- FocusBlanket – melanoma w/ Immunotherapy
- FocusExtremity – sarcoma w/ Chemotherapy